We have a new exciting opportunity, don’t miss out! At Brown Brothers we are currently looking to fill a Branch Supervisor vacancy in Swansea. The successful candidates will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Branch Supervisor - Role
The main responsibility of the position will be to be responsible for the efficient operation of the branch operations, van sales and telesales and to ensure the maintenance of proper stocks.
Branch Supervisor - Key Responsibilities
- To maintain good customer relationships by prompt and efficient service, and courteous attention of branch staff to customer’s requirements at all times.
- To supervise and motivate all branch personnel to ensure the most effective operation of the branch.
- To ensure that a high standard of service, both van delivery and counter, and product availability are provided and maintained to support sales activity and help drive the business forward
- To co-operate and consult with the Company’s sales staff and to give them maximum support, including the management of ‘up-selling’ on the telephone by all staff, and encouraging sales activity from van drivers.
- Support all PPG field personnel in the achievement of company sales promotions targets and new product launches as required.
- To ensure that all branch administration, stock ordering/sourcing, correct stock levels are in place and monitored on a monthly basis, credit control and COD control is carried out effectively and efficiently and in line with Company Policy and Procedures
- To supervise the use of branch delivery vehicles and ensure maximum efficiency of van/fuel usage in the most economic manner and ensure that they are maintained and kept securely at all times, in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures.
- To report all accidents occurring within the branch immediately and record in the Accident Book.
- To ensure that all inflammable, corrosive, toxic and irritant products are stored and handled in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- To have due regard for the Health & Safety of others whilst carrying out your duties and to ensure that all areas in the branch are kept clean, tidy and in a safe condition
- To assist in the recruitment of staff at branch level.
- To provide introduction and training for the branch staff and conduct appraisals.
- Accountable for security of building and assets within.
- To ensure that all Company procedures and policies are adhered to and that all current commercial, health and safety and employment legislation is adhered to.
Branch Supervisor - Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Accurate numerical reasoning, with good understanding of numeric models.
- Excellent people development skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels, written and verbal.
- Self motivated
- Valid and Full driving licence
- Previous sales experience
- Desirable previous management experience
If you would like to join our team as our Branch Supervisor then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!